Strip Chess Dude Friend-zoned me

sbux_addict

he would probably never "date" me, but he wanted to get some action?

it's really been my experience that men who are looking for a one-night stand like this will sing your praises, tell you how gorgeous and lovely and wonderful you are, how they want you to meet their mother, etc..... how there is no other women who has caught their interest in YEARS and it wasn't until he met you that he felt something.... and then you have a wild night, and then you never hear from them again. that's more of the MO of a player.... i've fallen for it too....

it's really been my experience that men who are looking for a one-night stand like this will sing your praises, tell you how gorgeous and lovely and wonderful you are, how they want you to meet their mother, etc..... how there is no other women who has caught their interest in YEARS and it wasn't until he met you that he felt something.... and then you have a wild night, and then you never hear from them again. that's more of the MO of a player.... i've fallen for it too....

I think I'm starting to understand why my friends tell me not to compliment women too much in the beginning of dating. Must give them the idea that I'm trying to smoothtalk my way into the sack. Sometimes it's so much fun being a nice guy trying to get into an actual longterm relationship.

By the way, I failed to mention that that same night, (around 1 am), my ex (his friend) called me (after a ridiculously long time) and I told him everything that happened. He said that he hasn't talked to Strip Chess dude in a week, and I told him not to tell him what I thought, which I doubt. He said that he's not going to tell SCD what I told him. Yeah right. So, since I told me ex that I was turned off by his behaviour, I doubt he'll call me back.

I think I'm starting to understand why my friends tell me not to compliment women too much in the beginning of dating. Must give them the idea that I'm trying to smoothtalk my way into the sack. Sometimes it's so much fun being a nice guy trying to get into an actual longterm relationship.

yeah, that, and 'trying too hard' can be kind of a turn off. 1-2 nice compliments per date is really all that is necessary, especially in the beginning. don't get me wrong, i love men that make the effort, but too much too fast is sort of overwhelming and insincere.

Archived