Should I be going on a First Date on my BIRTHDAY??

ConfusedDater

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes but you canceled a date that you had set up for that time which means you booked a 1st date 2 weeks in advance...seriously it's dizzying trying to follow what you say...

no SHE booked a first date 3 weeks in advance. she called and told me she made the reservations at some hotel in philly for that entire weekend

yes but you canceled a date that you had set up for that time which means you booked a 1st date 2 weeks in advance...seriously it's dizzying trying to follow what you say...

To be fair she is (was?) coming from 2 hours away.

You've pretty much decided the date isn't happening so I guess no advice is needed... I do find it rude since you agreed and she booked a hotel room, and now presumably has to cancel.

If I were on a first date with a man and I found out it was his birthday, the first thing I would think is "does he not have friends/family?", and why is he here with me?! (Presuming the date is in the evening). If it were a lunch date then happy birthday and I would definitely offer to pay.

the point i'm making is on my birthday i treat MYSELF, i don't expect gifts from anyone. I see nothing wrong with not wanting to spend money on a female i dnon't know on my birthday. Damm men don't get a break from treating a girl on their birthday?

am i not saying she should be treating me, i'm just saying on my birthday I don't spend money on no one but myself.

If only you could see how very bad that sounds...... What about the pleasure of giving????? she could turn out to be the love of your life!!!!!

But really Im not sure of your age, so it might be that you are too immature to see this..

I would not go on a first dinner date on my birthday but I might meet for coffee or lunch - I simply wouldn't be free to go out on my birthday because I would be spending it with family or friends. I would not expect to be treated by a stranger on my birthday and I would have no problem paying for myself or treating someone else, on my birthday. I think it is the Chinese culture (I am not Chinese) where on your birthday you're supposed to buy a gift for your mother in appreciation of her giving birth to you. Love that idea!

Archived