Should I be going on a First Date on my BIRTHDAY??

ConfusedDater

How old are you?

A date isn't supposed to be about how much money you spend. It's supposed to be about meeting new people and having a good time.

If anything you should want to cancel it because you would rather spend your day with good friends/family. Not because you don't want to pay on your birthday.. That's rather immature in my opinion.

I expect statements like that from a person who is not expected to foot the bill

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am pretty sure the majority of the men on here have said they would be fine to pay.

Here's what I don't get CD why do you continuously post on here if you are so incredibly unwilling to take anyones advice...

just wondering what you get out of this...

I expect statements like that from a person who is not expected to foot the bill

If you go out the day after your birthday or a week later..you're still paying just as much. So what if it's your birthday?

The mentality of not having to paying for anything on your birthday imo, is childish. Has nothing to do with I am female, and normally wouldn't have to pay on a first date.

If I go out to dinner with all my friends on my birthday..I will still pay. Sure they will offer, and maybe win, but I have no problem paying for things on my birthday.

I am pretty sure the majority of the men on here have said they would be fine to pay.

Here's what I don't get CD why do you continuously post on here if you are so incredibly unwilling to take anyones advice...

i would pay for the woman and her mother as well

If I go out to dinner with all my friends on my birthday..I will still pay. Sure they will offer, and maybe win, but I have no problem paying for things on my birthday.

Neither woudl probably 98% of people on this thread...

if i didn;t take the advice I get from here how was i able to make it to a 2nd date 3 weeks ago? I take all the advice I get from here

if i didn;t take the advice I get from here how was i able to make it to a 2nd date 3 weeks ago? I take all the advice I get from here

No you don't. If you did, the threads woudlnt be pages and pages long with everyone arguing with you that YOU are the problem, not these girls.

She needed to be a certain type physically for me to not care about the distance. Other than that it was not going to happen

But you just said you didn't want a girlfriend and only wanted a girl to be friendly friends with. What do you care about her physical looks if she was nice and intelligent?!

It'd to the point that now when I read about Confused Dater's blunders, my first thought is relief for the girl.

Confused Dater- you are not ready for any kind of romantic relationship. You seem just completely, utterly socially awkward and immature. Do you have any real-life friends? I think you just need to practice interacting with other people for a while, and forget about getting a gf.

with kids silly!!!!

OH. LMAO!

CD i agree that you don't really seem emotionally ready for a relationship. For a man in his 30s there is still some immaturity there I think you need to work thru. YOu seem to always have the same simple complaints that for most people aren't even worth mentioning much less stressing over. You have cmoe a ways since you first got here but still a ways to go. You have got to stop nitpicking with these women.

I like a girl who is intelligent, attractive and nice.

CD, you're contradicting yourself. You said she was pretty which is why you started talking to her.

She replied to me and since she was pretty I started talking to her ...

Besides, what does it matter if you're only looking for friendship? Honestly, you require all your female friends to be attractive?

How old are you?

A date isn't supposed to be about how much money you spend. It's supposed to be about meeting new people and having a good time.

If anything you should want to cancel it because you would rather spend your day with good friends/family. Not because you don't want to pay on your birthday.. That's rather immature in my opinion.

I agree

I read the title of this thread a few days ago "Should i be going on a first date on my birthday" and without reading the whole OP i thought the problem might have been that you didnt want your date to think you had no friends to hang out with on your birthday.

Anyway, what about the pleasure of giving.

Look at Kylie Minogue for example LOL It was her 40th birthday a last week and she held a party and told everyone not to bring presents,. Instead she went out and bought each guest a birthday present from her...

I know she's a millionnaire, but what about celebrating your birthday in the mindset of appreciating the things and people IN your life, instead of expecting something from them...??????????????????????

I agree

I read the title of this thread a few days ago "Should i be going on a first date on my birthday" and without reading the whole OP i thought the problem might have been that you didnt want your date to think you had no friends to hang out with on your birthday.

Anyway, what about the pleasure of giving.

Look at Kylie Minogue for example LOL It was her 40th birthday a last week and she held a party and told everyone not to bring presents,. Instead she went out and bought each guest a birthday present from her...

I know she's a millionnaire, but what about celebrating your birthday in the mindset of appreciating the things and people IN your life, instead of expecting something from them...??????????????????????

the point i'm making is on my birthday i treat MYSELF, i don't expect gifts from anyone. I see nothing wrong with not wanting to spend money on a female i dnon't know on my birthday. Damm men don't get a break from treating a girl on their birthday?

am i not saying she should be treating me, i'm just saying on my birthday I don't spend money on no one but myself.

the point i'm making is on my birthday i treat MYSELF, i don't expect gifts from anyone. I see nothing wrong with not wanting to spend money on a female i dnon't know on my birthday. Damm men don't get a break from treating a girl on their birthday?

am i not saying she should be treating me, i'm just saying on my birthday I don't spend money on no one but myself.

What about buying a woman an ice cream cone on your birthday?

you sound like a pouty whiny kid...what's up with that...yes men get a break from treating a girl on their bday...when they are in a relationship....you will have to get a backbone, some confidence and most likely a clue before that happens..

What about buying a woman an ice cream cone on your birthday?

unless a woman is willing to relax with me in my apt, then she won't be treated to anything on that day. I have no interest in going on a FIRST DATE on my birthday. Never, the next day yeah

unless a woman is willing to relax with me in my apt, then she won't be treated to anything on that day. I have no interest in going on a FIRST DATE on my birthday. Never, the next day yeah

So you won't offer her anything to eat or drink when she is at your place?

Archived