Should I be going on a First Date on my BIRTHDAY??

ConfusedDater

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it's not really about the money, we all know that first dates can be unpredictable and not go well so why go through that on your birthday when you can deal with that the other days of the year?

then postpone the date. just don't tell her your postponing for this reason, because i don't think that would do you any good.

it's not really about the money, we all know that first dates can be unpredictable and not go well so why go through that on your birthday when you can deal with that the other days of the year?

WHATS THE BIG DEAL ABOUT YOUR BIRTHDAY THOUGH?

It's just another day. Birthdays are special when you are a kid and that's when you get special privleges. You don't NEED to have a birthday where you don't spend money--it's just waht you want b/c you want to still be a child, which is how you're acting right now. It's just another day. Just another date.

Seriously, CD, please answer this. WHAT ELSE ARE YOU GOING TO DO THAT DAY?

it's not really about the money, we all know that first dates can be unpredictable and not go well so why go through that on your birthday when you can deal with that the other days of the year?[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought.

Reschedule then. If it's going to save you stress and heartache just reschedule already.

What are we going to do about this anxiety and pressure you put on your dating life?

You gotta relax Man..... You play your cards right, and you could be casually dating and having much fun. Having experience to learn from - fun experiences instead of constant stress.

so has any guy on here went on a first date on their birthday??

Does it matter? Do you really think you're completely alone in this situation? Don't you think you shoudl stop thinking so much?

Answer my question--what else are you going to do that day?

You shouldn't take a girl out if you're getting this stressed. She probably has no clue about all of this and you're going to scare her if you demand that she pay because its your birthday.

I agree. It's not about paying or that it's your bday. It's about the fact you aren't emotionally stable enough to date.

again, it's not so much about the money, just that we know that 1st dates can go wrong and I just don't want that to happen on my day. Again, it's not so much about the money, just the outcome. I think i will email her now

Do it. Email her now! Not a big deal. Let us know how it goes...

If she gets upset, there will be other people to get to know. It's not the end of the world!

do you ever wonder if all these posts are some kind of joke?!? can someone actually be this obsessed with wanting to hear everyones opinions about absolutely everything they do...look at how heated he gets everyone...it would be pretty funny if it was all a big joke!

do you ever wonder if all these posts are some kind of joke?!? can someone actually be this obsessed with wanting to hear everyones opinions about absolutely everything they do...look at how heated he gets everyone...it would be pretty funny if it was all a big joke!

No it's just that this is my first time being able to talk about these things with someone. I can't discuss stuff like this with co-workers so I'm just glad this site exist. And everytime I post it's not for advice, I may just want to share my feelings about certain aspects of dating and start a discussion

He definitely gets our attention..... I think CD just needs friends and advice though!

ConfusedDater keep us posted!

I like Confused Daters posts...they do indeed get people talking and discussing. The trials and tribulations of the minutae of dating adds a humorous spark to this forum...kind of like Seinfeld. Anyway, CD, I agree that first dates can be brutal...but at this stage, since you already set it up, I wouldn't recommend postponing it.

well CD. you obviously agreed to the date. so it's YOUR fault. she has no idea when your b-day is. but still, why not go have a good time?

because if the date was not to go well on my 4-day weekend i would be STEAMED returning to work after having to experience a disappointing birthday weekend.

Archived