keep having dreams aboit someone from my past

sourpeach

we never exclusively or officially dated, but for years when i was younger we liked eachother a lot. everyone knew it too. he is a few years older than me, he was a virgin, i was not. everyone expected i would be the one to take his.. but that was not the case. i moved and sometime after that he started dating this disgusting pig of a girl, and he's been with her ever since... she's gotten him into things that i.... well i despise, and well... he is not the same person he used to be, i am sure, just from the kind of things she got him to liking. i would still run into him every so often, and the chemistry was still there. the way he would look at me and hug me and smell my hair. it just always seemed to me like those movie moments of looking at something for the last time, because you know you will never see it again. every time we would part ways and walk in opposite directions i would turn around to watch him walk away only to find he was already turned around watching me walk away.

i hadnt seen him in a long time, then his youngest brother died, and i went to the wake and saw him there. it was very emotional for me for so many reasons. this was a few months ago, and a few days ago i looked at his dead brother's myspace page, and his other brothers myspaces (he does not have one) and since then i have had a dream about him every night, all of which revolve around him still being interested in me.

ive always thought of him as the one that got away. ive gotten past thinking we would be together one day a LONG time ago. but i still remember him fondly, but not until recently have i remembered him or thought of him like this. to be honest, if given the chance to be with him now, after everything, i would not. he is not the same person i liked or maybe even loved way back when. and so these dreams upset me, i have a boyfriend (however un-real some of you may consider him) and i feel like i am emotionally cheating. i know it would break my bfs heart to know im having dreams like this about some other guy, and likewise i would be sad to know if he had dreams like this about other girls.

how do i make these dreams stop?

You can't make the dreams stop...they will just stop on their own. The death just awoke some dormant feelings in you and you were transported to the past. It doesn't really mean anything...they are just dreams. Dreams can reflect our fears and anxieties...they can also be our subconscious window to the past. You are not cheating because they are just dreams. I wouldn't worry about it.

Archived