Ladies, this is a sure way to turn a guy off on a Friday Night

ConfusedDater

How would they know you like your job or not in order to get you a connection? Wouldn;t that involve having a conversation about it?

But my point is women are not asking do men like their job so they can help them gget another one, they are asking so if he says YES, then will then say-"well are you working toward getting another one?

and that's makes me respond in a way like-"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU MY CAREER COUNSELOR??-lol

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well for me it's all about the picture, sorry. And how do u get a feel for someone over emaiL???

CONVERSATION!

All about the picture? Fine. Then you'll get girls with no substance who don't know the correct questions to ask you.

I bet you're one of those guys who responds to every ad/profile without reading it just b/c it has a picture.

But my point is women are not asking do men like their job so they can help them gget another one, they are asking so if he says YES, then will then say-"well are you working toward getting another one?

and that's makes me respond in a way like-"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU MY CAREER COUNSELOR??-lol

I'm going to boycott your threads. I think everyone should. There is no convincing you of anything and you drive me crazy b/c you are so hell bent on following your OWN advice on an ADVICE FORUM.

CONVERSATION!

All about the picture? Fine. Then you'll get girls with no substance who don't know the correct questions to ask you.

I bet you're one of those guys who responds to every ad/profile without reading it just b/c it has a picture.

Yeah I do and so do 90% of the people who use online dating sites

Yeah I do and so do 90% of the people who use online dating sites

Don't you think if you read the ads and profiles you may find out something about them first that wouldn't waste your time? LIke "Hm, this girl points out that she wants 17 kids and doesn't have a job and just wants a guy with money. HM BUT SHE'S CUTE! LET ME EMAIL HER! Oh wait, on the phone she asked me if I like my job. NEXT!"

You're SO logical. KUDOS TO YOU!

I'm going to boycott your threads. I think everyone should. There is no convincing you of anything and you drive me crazy b/c you are so hell bent on following your OWN advice on an ADVICE FORUM.

I have taken advice I gotten from this board like-"Have a purpose for the phone call and not become chatty cathy. And to always maintain a light and fun conversation.

Well for me it's all about the picture, sorry. And how do u get a feel for someone over emaiL???

maybe this is why you aren't meeting good matches. you aren't picking girls for what you have in common with them, shared interests, etc....

Don't you think if you read the ads and profiles you may find out something about them first that wouldn't waste your time? LIke "Hm, this girl points out that she wants 17 kids and doesn't have a job and just wants a guy with money. HM BUT SHE'S CUTE! LET ME EMAIL HER! Oh wait, on the phone she asked me if I like my job. NEXT!"

You're SO logical. KUDOS TO YOU!

My Steps to a Girl getting a reply from me

1.The Photo

2. The Profile

If the photo is not pleasant looking I won't reply. If she gives off a negative vibe in your profile I won't respond. Who reads the profile first without seeing if they are attracted??

maybe this is why you aren't meeting good matches. you aren't picking girls for what you have in common with them, shared interests, etc....

It's the photo and the profile, I'm just saying I have to be attracted to her in order to read the profile. Just like girls do when they read men profiles

It's the photo and the profile, I'm just saying I have to be attracted to her in order to read the profile. Just like girls do when they read men profiles

that's absolutely fine. of course you should like the photo.

what are the 5 most important criteria that you are looking for in a woman?

Sense of Humor

Intelligent

Attractive

Goal Oriented

Openminded

I believe it was Kevin on this forum who was talking about his friend who wanted to create a questionnaire for potential dates to complete in order to make sure they have certain criteria. In light of your response, there could be a questionnaire named the SIAGO Questionnaire (Sense of humour, Intelligent, Attractive, Goal Oriented, Open-minded) A series of questions would be designed in order to assess each of those criteria. I could see that questionnaire being included in Cosmopolitain Magazine and GQ!!

I believe it was Kevin on this forum who was talking about his friend who wanted to create a questionnaire for potential dates to complete in order to make sure they have certain criteria. In light of your response, there could be a questionnaire named the SIAGO Questionnaire (Sense of humour, Intelligent, Attractive, Goal Oriented, Open-minded) A series of questions would be designed in order to assess each of those criteria. I could see that questionnaire being included in Cosmopolitain Magazine and GQ!!

Damm you gave me a idea for a screen name nd now it's too late. SIAGO-lol And just would have explained the meaning in the profile.

I, for one, will not boycott your threads. You are different, that's for sure, but that's not a crime. There is no written law saying you have to follow anyone's advice on here. Still, If you could lighten up a little, it would help you in so many ways. If that's just you, I am sure you will find someone who likes you for you and meets all of your requirements. It may take awhile, but it will happen. I get a feeling you are a very sensitive, caring, guy with a lot to offer. You just need to relax a little.

Sense of Humor

Intelligent

Attractive

Goal Oriented

Openminded

if she is goal oriented, that may be why she is asking you about your goal orientation also? doesn't that make sense then that a goal oriented woman would ask about yours and your 5-year plan? that's like saying i want an athletic guy, but get annoyed when he asks me how much i work out.

if she is goal oriented, that may be why she is asking you about your goal orientation also? doesn't that make sense then that a goal oriented woman would ask about yours and your 5-year plan? that's like saying i want an athletic guy, but get annoyed when he asks me how much i work out.

It's nothing wrong with the question, i just don't want to hear it before a first date

then stay off the phone, stay away from IM and email, and set up a date. keep the phone conversations simple.

I think this is a very important point. There's really no need to have conversations before the date. If you are attracted to someone, ask her out, keep the pre-date talk to a minimum and then see if you click on the date.

I think this is a very important point. There's really no need to have conversations before the date. If you are attracted to someone, ask her out, keep the pre-date talk to a minimum and then see if you click on the date.

And that's what I been doing and plan to call the girl and set up a 3rd date for this weekend and talk only for 5-10 min

I think your overreacting just a tad. Ive had girls ask me that and i dont see anything wrong with it. She is just trying to get to know you but yes, keep it minimal so you two will have something to talk about. Maybe she is an observer type like me. Sometimes when i first meet someone ill observe thier actions and conversations to see if its someone i really wanna get to know or not. Just keep rollin with it. Who cares if its a memorial day weekend. You were the one in your jammies at home on a friday night of memorial day weekend.

Archived