perfume/lotion guys like

gurlygurl17

k i didnt know where to put this but i put it here cause i guess scents can be considered a flirty thing but:

guys: what perfume, body lotion do u enjoy on a girl, maybe there is something that a gf wore, or something u bought her that u liked

girls: what perfume or body lotion have u got a lot of attention from by guys, or a bf

I think guys like "home-y" scents. Like vanilla, cinnamon...anything food-related haha. Usually guys I know haven't responded well to anything too "sugary" and sickly sweet. I know a girl in one of my classes wears a scent that I think is one of those popular ones that you might smell in a magazine. One that smells ok for a split second then it just makes you nauseous. The perfume I've gotten complimented on the most is a really light honeysucle body spray.

I read somewhere that girls apparently like peppermint on guys- I hate peppermint. I hate the smell and the taste. I actually might be allergic as anytime I've tried peppermint things, my mouth and throat itch and burn like crazy. So if a guy were to smell like it, it'd be an aversion. But that's just me.

I don't really like any guy scents like axe or any of those new smelly things. It's funny, but I've always liked the smell of old spice- which most younger guys don't wear.

If I had to advise guys, I'd say use a nice smelling body wash and deodarant that those cologne companies make now. That way the smell is nice and light and not overpowering.

Scent is a pretty personal thing depending on the smeller's own smell triggers and sense of smell and the wearer's personal chemistry (what smells good on your best friend can smell like rancid socks on you and vice versa...so always try before you buy!). And wearing less is always better - they should be inclined to be drawn in, not repulsed by the overpowering stench!

I know some men whom prefer more spicy scents, others whom prefer fruitier/foodier ones (some scents smell very vanilla/chocolate).

I am a bit of a perfume-a-holic (I LOVE perfumes) and so have a few, but I really go by what makes me FEEL good personally - I think that comes off more attractive than relying on my scent alone (I also have some quirkier scents - my favourite is one that smells a bit like leather, tea, a bit of vanilla and rubber tires - reminds me of hockey pucks - lol - but it is certainly not for everyone!). I have scents that range from quirky, to spicy, to fruitier, to light and fresh, to deep, to reminscent of 1950's glamour..and I wear them depending on my mood and occasion (I won't wear Agent Provocateur to work for example!). Generally I get compliments on whichever one I wear, as I picked ones that suit me and match well with my chemistry.

On men, I like more woodsy, masculine scents (like Polo Double Black) or my own favourite scent above (its a unisex scent). I like Aqua de Gio too, though in some places it seems way too common!

This reminds me of one time a guy asked me "what are you wearing?" I jokingly told him that I wasn't wearing anything but I shower daily and he said something like "well, you smell great anyway." LOL. Some guys apparently don't care either way or imagine scents that aren't even there.

I like citrus topnotes on a woman with hints of different spices underneath. Love grapefruit and cream on top, ginger or some other spice underneath. Don't like the more traditional "perfume" scents, vanilla or anything sweet smelling.

There have been studies done on this, forget what scents men respond too most, but remember that women like a combo of cucumber and some candy (maybe good n plenty?)

Scent is a pretty personal thing depending on the smeller's own smell triggers and sense of smell and the wearer's personal chemistry

Yes, very hard to get a scent that everyone likes.

I like citrus topnotes on a woman with hints of different spices underneath.

I like this and Jo Malone's perfumes are good examples but they are pretty expensive.

This reminds me of one time a guy asked me "what are you wearing?" I jokingly told him that I wasn't wearing anything but I shower daily and he said something like "well, you smell great anyway." LOL. Some guys apparently don't care either way or imagine scents that aren't even there.

One guy I was with had this incredibly good smell, he said it was his body wash, I think it may just have been him... totally turned me on

The Jo Malone grapefruit was what I was trying to describe hehe, turns me into a wild animal. Yes quite pricey

My wife has that, it's very good.

Try the Lime, Basil and Mandarin....one of the great modern perfumes.

Ok just did the search, women wearing lavender and pumpkin pie smells increased -ahem- blood flow to certain areas in men by 40% WOW.

Men wearing cucumber and good n plenty increased "blood flow" in females by 13%, lavender and pumpkin pie 13%, and baby powder 13%.

Interestingly enough, expensive men's colognes actually affected female blood flow NEGATIVELY.

One common scent that effects men and women seems to be licorice, so if you want to follow scientific studies, cultivate a taste for black licorice, maybe bringing some out while walking around on a first date, and wear a licorice scent... interesting.

I like citrus topnotes on a woman with hints of different spices underneath. Love grapefruit and cream on top, ginger or some other spice underneath. Don't like the more traditional "perfume" scents, vanilla or anything sweet smelling.

There have been studies done on this, forget what scents men respond too most, but remember that women like a combo of cucumber and some candy (maybe good n plenty?)

cucumber and licorice notes - most scents do not advertise they have a "good n' plenty note" in them

Ok just did the search, women wearing lavender and pumpkin pie smells increased -ahem- blood flow to certain areas in men by 40% WOW.

Men wearing cucumber and good n plenty increased "blood flow" in females by 13%, lavender and pumpkin pie 13%, and baby powder 13%.

Interestingly enough, expensive men's colognes actually affected female blood flow NEGATIVELY.

One common scent that effects men and women seems to be licorice, so if you want to follow scientific studies, cultivate a taste for black licorice, maybe bringing some out while walking around on a first date, and wear a licorice scent... interesting.

But then again, on some those notes are awful. On me licorice notes are too sickly sweet (ick!).

I do like lavender, but am drawn to a more watery lavender then a sweet/flowery lavender and it turns out better on me (sweet notes on me just turn sickly sweet).

And I cannot stand smell of baby powder in things - particularly not on men!

I have had my best responses with my perfumes that have a rubbery/latex scent to them interestingly enough (maybe people up here just like hockey pucks and latex...LOL).

k i didnt know where to put this but i put it here cause i guess scents can be considered a flirty thing but:

guys: what perfume, body lotion do u enjoy on a girl, maybe there is something that a gf wore, or something u bought her that u liked

I'm not a big fan of perfume on a girl.I prefer body lotions instead. They smell better and it's not as powerful as a perfume.

Archived