Scared I might be pregnant...

jmray

I haven't had sex for about 3 weeks....if I am in fact pregnant it has been about a month. My husband is in the navy and has been underway for 3 weeks. I don't feel really sick though...everything I'm feeling this time around is different.

"If you are taking your pill correctly you should not be ovulating."

My point exactly...I have been taking it correctly but it's been known that you can get pregnant while on the pill. It's not 100% effective. And it's not the first time that I heard things about Ortho Tri Cyclen being difficult.

I know I don't have a UTI besides the fact that it doesn't burn when I have a UTI I'm all sorts of sore down there and I'm not this time around...it's just normal peeing.

"Someone else pointed out that you haven't had sex for a month and you took a test- that is more than enough time for a positive (implantation occurs 7-10 days from conception, and after that if you are pregnant you will typically be getting a positive test.)"

I know that. But from what I've read on this site and others, every woman is different. Some women may get a positive right away but it might take a 2-3 weeks for a positive to show up for other women.

If you are indeed pregnant, it's still very early on and maybe not show up accurately on a home pregnancy test.

Thank you!! I know I have to wait until around the time of my next period, preferably a couple days late to test. I'm going to the doc on Friday...will a blood test show by now or should I not bother?

Another reason you could be peeing constantly could be related to diabetes or its onset (something about protein being dumped into the bladder - Hope might be able to clarify). I would go see a doctor right now regardless, because you don't know - it could be something more serious.

Archived