We are going to meet up in 7 months??

Ok, This may seem weird, and feel free to tell me so but.... since my boyfriend broke up with me four months ago we have still kept in contact, he has come visit me (we live in separate states), andbasically talk everyday. I have been unable to successfully do NO contact. This past week has been really hard on me with him telling me about all of his plans (memorial day, fourth of july, etc.... ) none of which include me. I am moving home at the end of the month for the summer because I want to be in sunny San Diego and just get out of San Francisco for a while. I talked to my ex today and told him I really, really, needed to do NC so that I can heal. I decided to suggest that I would take these next months tomyself and when he came into town for christmas we would meet up. He seemed genuinely excited and sad that we wouldnt be talking until then and in a way I could tell he didnt believe I could really do it. So my question is, even though it may sound silly this is the first time I have felt a strong urge and the strenghth to do NC for real. I dont know if its healthy that my desire and strength comes from the fact that in seven months I will see him but I feel like it's a start. These months will fly by with summer, vacations, a new start. And who knows? maybe in seven months I will be healed enough to the point I wont even want to see him. I want to take this time to get in shape, meet new people, finish school and become happy again. It is unhealthy for me to have set plans to see him in seven months? We ultimately decided even if he was not coming home for christmas, He would fly me out to see him. any thoughts?

Archived