Making love VS. Meaningless Sex

Personally speaking, I simply could never have meaningless sex.

It simply means too much. I have to have a very strong emotional connection...

I would rather go without than just have meaningless sex.

Once again, Allie beats me to it!

And says everything I would say.

I have never had meaningless sex nor do I expect I ever will. The mere thought of it is about as cold as an ice cream cone in Antarctica.

That said, in all my 'casual' encounters I do my best to muster the passion I would have for an intimate sexual act. It's not hard - it's a mindset. I truly believe in that love for the moment and it can take things, if not as high, certainly very close to it. It's the afterwards that is unpleasant. There's none of the comfort that you have in a committed relationship. The physical and emotional rush can be replaced with imagination, effort and skill... but it won't last. It truly is just a drug at that point.

So what you're saying is that, to pull it off, you conduct a masterful playact?

You pretend to love the person so you can feel the passion for them in you? You pretend that this person is someone that consumes you to this point?

I'm trying to wrap my mind around being able to do that. Not passing judgment. Just saying I can't fathom it. Probably my loss, eh? Versatility is nice in this world I suppose.

Guess I'll never have a reference point to compare to on this score.

Meaningless sex can be dirty, exciting, fun, carefree, and adventurous...If there aren't any real feelings involved then you're not trying to impress the other person so you can be completely relaxed and be yourself....

Making love can also be dirty, exciting, fun, and adventurous...of course you lose the carefree part and there's alot more cuddling and crap afterwards....but the emotional connection is amazing.

I'm not too sure which I prefer...Either way, make it safe sex!

Meaningless sex can be dirty, exciting, fun, carefree, and adventurous...If there aren't any real feelings involved then you're not trying to impress the other person so you can be completely relaxed and be yourself....

Making love can also be dirty, exciting, fun, and adventurous...of course you lose the carefree part and there's alot more cuddling and crap afterwards....but the emotional connection is amazing.

100% agreed

I couldnt have said it better. Coming from a person who from ages 16 to 25 had pretty much nothing but meaningless sex. After the age of 25, I didnt date anyone for a while. Then I had a couple of LTR. Now I love the emotional connection and cuddling afterward with someone that you care about. When the sexual connection is strong you can share so much more and truly be yourself without having to put on airs or make yourself seem like something your not.

So what you're saying is that, to pull it off, you conduct a masterful playact?

You pretend to love the person so you can feel the passion for them in you? You pretend that this person is someone that consumes you to this point?

I'm trying to wrap my mind around being able to do that. Not passing judgment. Just saying I can't fathom it. Probably my loss, eh? Versatility is nice in this world I suppose.

Guess I'll never have a reference point to compare to on this score.

I wouldn't put it that way. 'Pretend,' I think, isn't the correct word.

As I said, it's a mindset... Like getting psyched up before the big game or walking into a dangerous situation. You're not going to be at tha emotional intensity all the time but, still, it is required for the moment. I'm looking down at this person and imagining another face. That would be... Cold. Very cold.

Make it an intimate act... Worship the act. It's the only way to make it worthwhile, I think.

It's not something I would ever become involved in, of course, if both parties didn't know the stakes. I don't think I could ever be a player... That whole thing of just disappearing on somebody just isn't in me.

Archived