i feel like love will never happen for me

Shelly26

But introvertedness is not a problem,its a facet of the personality of 1 in 5 people (i read a book on it). Not everyone was born to be an outgoing social butterfly.

I know. But there is a huge difference between introversion and severe shyness/social awkwardness. I was once a social phobic - got over it - but I am still an introvert (a bit of a nerd). So I should know. Being introvert just means primarily being focused on own thoughs and feelings, rather than external things.

I am not trying to be rude - but I must confess I find it very confusing to find out where you really stand. You start out writing a very categoric first post, from which it was impossible to guess, that you don't find your shyness the major problem. Gradually, the story morphs into something completely different.

I'm lost. Sorry.

A person who truly loves herself will never write the phrase, "My personality sucks." That does not sound like you think other people feel your personality sucks- it sounds like YOU think your personality sucks.

I never said that being introverted is a problem- I said that needing alcohol to open up and be social is a problem. And it is, whether everyone you know has the same problem or not.

I know. But there is a huge difference between introversion and severe shyness/social awkwardness. I was once a social phobic - got over it - but I am still an introvert (a bit of a nerd). So I should know. Being introvert just means primarily being focused on own thoughs and feelings, rather than external things.

My general nature is to be an introvert,but,like everything else,there are exceptions and its not always so black and white. I have had many times where i was a social butterfly,but they were either with really good friends i had known for years,or i was drunk LOL So my problem usually only happens when meeting new people or when i'm around people i dont know very well. I don't have this problem with my family or close friends.

I am not trying to be rude - but I must confess I find it very confusing to find out where you really stand. You start out writing a very categoric first post, from which it was impossible to guess, that you don't find your shyness the major problem. Gradually, the story morphs into something completely different.

I'm lost. Sorry.

Well i realize i might seem like i'm contradicting myself,but there are a lot of factors. When i posted the first time,i was in a depressed mood about it all. But now reading it again,i realize i was kinda harsh. And i have good days too where i feel like i dont have any problems. But then i'll have another bad day.

A person who truly loves herself will never write the phrase, "My personality sucks." That does not sound like you think other people feel your personality sucks- it sounds like YOU think your personality sucks.

Well i word things wrong a lot,i have a hard time expressing myself acurately. I said it in more of a way like,'everyone thinks my personality sucks so it probably does' but if i felt that way,i wouldn't be so confused about why this is happening at all. I also realized that my problem is just my lack of vocal skills,because once people get to know me (if they are willing to do the extra work,since i can't) then they like me. So,i know it is just that i suck at talking to new people LOL (yes,i did say i suck at it,and i really meant that)

I never said that being introverted is a problem- I said that needing alcohol to open up and be social is a problem. And it is, whether everyone you know has the same problem or not.

I was replying to Timebandit on that one,not you. And i agree,it isnt a good thing to need alcohol to open up,but it did help condition me to be more open. Its kinda like lucid dreaming,you can do anything you want,and you feel so free,and you do it to make yourself know what it feels like and how it isnt so scary,so then in real life it's easier to do it. but i still need improvement when it comes to meeting new people (if i'm sober LOL)

Archived