Third date tonight, and I have not kissed her yet.

NewPhillyGuy

Ok, here's the high-level.

First, we had dinner. Next, caught a movie. Movie was good, but now thinking back, I think a bad idea for a third date, because we can't talk. I was sitting there thinking like - damn, I'd rather just be talking to her to try and get to know each instead of watching this movie.

After the movie was over, I walked her to her car, and was thinking - ok, I'm going in for the kiss - lol. She looks at me, and asks me if I was planning to go home or if I wanted to do something else, like go out for some drinks. I said sure, and that was a great idea, because we got to talk for another few hours. I walked her to her car again after that, and that's when I gave her a hug and short kiss.

Sounds perfect to me dude...and to think you weren't even gonna ask this one out again...aren't ya glad you did...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SHORT KISS??? Well did you feel the fireworks or what??

lol, damn, yes it was just short kiss. Sure, I would have loved to make out with her for a bit, but she's a pretty shy girl, so I didn't want to try that.

I wish I didn't have to wait until next weekend to see her again. I don't have any plans tonight either...This is what sucks about not having a girlfriend, because in most cases, you can just call her up and make plans. If you do this with someone you are just dating, it makes you looks desperate and like you don't have a life.

^^^ Awwwww she sounds sweet, NPG. Hmmm, if she really feels you then calling her up this weekend will be a treat. I know if i'm attracted and the chemistry exists the interest of the other party is ALWAYS most welcome.

Something to think about.

^^^ Awwwww she sounds sweet, NPG. Hmmm, if she really feels you then calling her up this weekend will be a treat. I know if i'm attracted and the chemistry exists the interest of the other party is ALWAYS most welcome.

Something to think about.

Let me ask you all question.

Let's say that she kissed me and felt nothing. How would I know? Any signals at the time, or I guess she would probably turn down the next date then?

well what was her body language like? I would think you can usually tell if someone is 'feeling' the moment. I've always been able to tell in 99.99 percent of my encounters.

And i guess your concrete evidence would be her interest level in the next get together.

Let me ask you all question.

Let's say that she kissed me and felt nothing. How would I know? Any signals at the time, or I guess she would probably turn down the next date then?

You can tell. Was there a force behind the kiss, was she sort of pushing into you or was it like she was trying to back away?

You can tell. Was there a force behind the kiss, was she sort of pushing into you or was it like she was trying to back away?

She moved in for it too, but it was a quick one.

Interesting update though:

She just sent me an email saying she had fun last night "including the awkward moment at the end " What the heck?

She goes on - hopefully, it'll be nice enough later to go to the park. You doing anything good the rest of the weekend? I had fun last night, including the awkward moment at the end. Have a great weekend.

I'm trying to read between the lines here to see if she's hinting about getting together again this weekend....

She just sent me an email saying she had fun last night "including the awkward moment at the end " What the heck?

She goes on - hopefully, it'll be nice enough later to go to the park. You doing anything good the rest of the weekend? I had fun last night, including the awkward moment at the end. Have a great weekend.

I'm trying to read between the lines here to see if she's hinting about getting together again this weekend....

The problem with written communication of any sort is that it lacks the key element of body language. I think thats being slightly playfaul with the emoticon but she could be saying she didnt feel right. Its a tough one. Its kind of getting to the stage where you may have to just come out and ask directly whats going on and if shes interested.

OMG YES she is!!!!

I think the "awkward moment" she's referring to is perhaps her OWN awkwardness...maybe SHE felt that SHE was awkward with the kiss!!!!!

GET ON THE PHONE AND CALL THIS CHICK...STAT!!!!

OMG YES she is!!!!

I think the "awkward moment" she's referring to is perhaps her OWN awkwardness...maybe SHE felt that SHE was awkward with the kiss!!!!!

GET ON THE PHONE AND CALL THIS CHICK...STAT!!!!

I know what you mean, but I've been down this road many times before. I just went out with her last night. According to my past experience, if I try to make a date for the very next evening, she's going to think I have no life and probably lose respect for me, which will result in decreased interest on her part.

This has happened to me quite a few times. You show a girl you like her and are willing to be giving of your time, and then suddenly you are not as important. I'd much rather just wait instead of risking that.

I know what you mean, but I've been down this road many times before. I just went out with her last night. According to my past experience, if I try to make a date for the very next evening, she's going to think I have no life and probably lose respect for me, which will result in decreased interest on her part.

This has happened to me quite a few times. You show a girl you like her and are willing to be giving of your time, and then suddenly you are not as important.

But what if this time it's different man...

You are NOT asking her out....SHE just asked YOU OUT...

Isn't that what he email said..."What are you doing later?"

Why not roll with that?

But what if this time it's different man...

You are NOT asking her out....SHE just asked YOU OUT...

Isn't that what he email said..."What are you doing later?"

Why not roll with that?

I hate to be quoting emails directly (what if she's on this board lol), but this was the exact text from her:

U doin anything good the rest of the weekend?

In my mind, that could just be her asking what am I up to - just to make conversation - not that she necessarily wants to see me again this weekend.

I just re-read it...

You could call and ask her if she wants to meet up at the park for an hour...

Then it's not a date...

I just wrote back to her and told her I have some things to do around the apt, but not much else going on other than that. I'm not gonna lie and say I'm busy, but I don't feel like jumping the gun is good so soon.

I figure if she really wants to see me, I've pretty much told her that I'm available. Otherwise, I'll just watch a movie or something. No big deal.

If she's a shy girl, she probably would've wanted you to suggest something for the weekend, since she pretty much spelled it out for you in her email. Instead, you replied nonchalantly, so she's probably still waiting for you to make the next move.

If she's a shy girl, she probably would've wanted you to suggest something for the weekend, since she pretty much spelled it out for you in her email. Instead, you replied nonchalantly, so she's probably still waiting for you to make the next move.

I agree, if I were her I would have wanted you to ask me out again if I said I was free... You left her wondering...

I truly think "playing it cool" is soooo annoying!!! If you're both free, just ask her to do something! She's not going to think you're a loser, if she's already told she has no plans!

Ammy

She called me a few hours ago while I was making dinner and she was doing something around the house. We talked on the phone for about an hour, and she seemed to be happy and into the conversation. She said she was going to call me again tomorrow.

I think everything is ok. I figure I can just ask her to do something next weekend.

How about ideas for a 4th date?

Archived