How common is a friends with benefits relationship?

cheesystreet

Last year in my senior year at high school, there was a girl in my circle of friends that was in a FWB relationship, and she was always willing to share details with us (you can imagine some of the funny and "interesting" discussions we all had!). She wasn't really all that crazy about the guy (I barely knew him), but she LOVED having sex with him. She told us about all kinds of freaky stuff they did, like in a bus, in a church parking lot, while they were having dinner with his parents (like, they were actually doing "things" while at the dinner table with them...), etc. The guy ended up getting feelings for her, but she wasn't interested; they had a few big fights, and eventually just fizzled out. I think she ended up going to the same college as him, though, so who knows, maybe they got back together? I dunno.

I think I'm in a fwb relationship now. It's a long, complexed story. We both admit we like eachother and we get along really well, but we both say we don't want a relationship. I guess I'm kind of lying though...

that' just where I was mate, and all I can say is get out know. If you want more and she firmly dosent you WILL get hurt. Trust me, I did. Better to cut loose now and enjoy what is was.

Having feelings for someone and them not returning is not at all fun.

that' just where I was mate, and all I can say is get out know. If you want more and she firmly dosent you WILL get hurt. Trust me, I did. Better to cut loose now and enjoy what is was.

Having feelings for someone and them not returning is not at all fun.

You are very right. I think cutting contact will be the best thing.

Before it was called "FWB" I did know of (nothing I was involved with) relationships where the two people - usually older - were good friends already, and lonely - perhaps recently divorced - and they turned to each other for that kind of "comfort" - but it was discreet, it wasn't some kind of formal arrangement other than promising not to sleep around because of STDs. Once this silly acronym caught on, I think people started using it when what they really wanted to say was "you're cute, I lust after you, but I dont' want to be bothered to put in the effort of a relationship, I just want to call you when I'm horny" - and then they label it "FWB" to sugarcoat it.

Archived