Would you lose your virginity to...

TopNam

*raises hand* I'm another of those who lost it to someone she wasn't in a relationship with. I was kind of just looking to get over with, to be perfectly honest.

I agree with those who say virginity only matters if you believe it does. There's nothing important to me about virginity, and there hasn't been since I was very young. All it signifies to me is the complete lack of sexual experience.

i agree. i just had too many anxieties about it!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did. I thought we were in a relationship at that moment though or that we where only seing each other.

Next day I find out he has some other gf by coincidence thru someone who knows him.

yeah, i usually have good intuition so i can tell if he has a gf even if he doesnt say... i had a few guys tell me they were single only to hear they were dating a girl more seriously out of state. it's just inner intuition... you'll probably learn it soon enough/instinct

Never. Virginity is a gift to the one you end up marrying. I gave mine away at 18 to a jerk who i meant less than dirt to and regret that when I marry my husband I have nothing to offer except my heart. I think it is very important you keep this gift and give it to the person who loves you enough to wait.

That's not altogether true. You will have lots of firsts to offer your husband when the time comes, and you may find some of them are much more important than your virginity.

As one of the elders of these threads, I can say living your life with regret is not the way to go, what you go through causes you to make wiser decisions in the future - well, if you can learn from your mistakes, it is.

As far as that jerk..... we'll, that future husband that you now think you should have saved yourself for... what if after 5 years of marriage he walks on you and now he becomes a 'jerk' himself.

It's all about perspective. If you choose to save yourself for your husband, that is noble thing and I totally respect that - but don't blow it out of proportion.

You are also trying to see something from the eyes of someone you haven't met yet (I am assuming you're not engaged). Virginity is defined by society, not by medicine and I've yet to see the exact common ground rules of what virginity is that is universal to all.

That's not altogether true. You will have lots of firsts to offer your husband when the time comes, and you may find some of them are much more important than your virginity.

List some examples.

As far as that jerk..... we'll, that future husband that you now think you should have saved yourself for... what if after 5 years of marriage he walks on you and now he becomes a 'jerk' himself.

Then why would you get married in the first place if you are already entertaining the notion of divorce or seperation? That's an extremely cynical view to have.

You are also trying to see something from the eyes of someone you haven't met yet (I am assuming you're not engaged). Virginity is defined by society, not by medicine and I've yet to see the exact common ground rules of what virginity is that is universal to all.

To this I actually agree. It depends on the guy that she wants to marry, as to one guy they may think virginity is very important and wont want a virgin, to another guy they may not want to deal with any virgin, or another guy may entertain a non-virgin if it happened over some time ago and it was just some adolescent phase or unique circumstances.

List some examples.

first time for a blow job (one guy was 33 and never experienced one)

different positions

different ways of doing/getting a blow job

different ways of playing with nipples

experimenting with female ejaculation

you are only limited by your imagination, quite honestly.

Then why would you get married in the first place if you are already entertaining the notion of divorce or seperation? That's an extremely cynical view to have.

hmm, the divorce rate is 50% nationwide, so sorry, you only have half a chance of making it statistically. Add that to people that don't know how to communicate, don't want to commnuicate, grow in separate ways while living together. I don't know if my view is cynical or realistic. Ask a divorced person if they planned on being diviroced before they got married, I'm pretty sure the majority would say no, but that doesn't match the statistic. Marriage is a lot of work and quite honestly, most people aren't into working anymore, but finding the easy way out.

does it really matter ? I mean everyone has got to lose it at somepoint its not like the world is going to be filming you and playing it on every station world wide.

Not like you'll be forever known as that girl who lost her virginity to that guy she hardly knew and be spat on in the street or scourned by your family.

if you want to do it, if you don't want to don't do it.

no, i wouldnt. the first for me was someone i cared about at the time.. then it went horribly wrong... BUT at least i didnt lose it to just anyone... that came later

and later...and later.... i know a woman who lost hers in a one night stand in a hot tub at Myrtle Beach and she has regrets that still..

I think a lot of the time it comes down to family religious views. When it's been drilled in your head to wait until marriage since you were a tiny kid, then chances are you will feel at least some what hesitant toward it.

You can't argue with tradition- it won't work.

I forget sometimes how different the rest of the world must be.

How do you know how other people lose their virginity ? I can't say I have ever seen it as a topic of conversation.

It really matters what virginity is considered to be. It is all a matter of opinion.

For instance, I would say that mutual masturbation and Oral sex entails the loss of ones virginity. Many will say that it's not and they are also right. That is because virginity isn't a real thing, it is an idea.

You should do what is right for YOU. and no one else. If you even feel a bit of worry of regret, you probably shouldn't be doing what you are doing. That is, at least, my take on all of this.

It really matters what virginity is considered to be. It is all a matter of opinion.

For instance, I would say that mutual masturbation and Oral sex entails the loss of ones virginity. Many will say that it's not and they are also right. That is because virginity isn't a real thing, it is an idea.

You should do what is right for YOU. and no one else. If you even feel a bit of worry of regret, you probably shouldn't be doing what you are doing. That is, at least, my take on all of this.

uh oh.....then there was that one night at Basketball Camp

](*,)

Girls tend to talk with their friends about these kinds of things.

More often than not that "information" that is shared with friends is alittle more than stretched to make things seem interesting.. So really.. no-one knows and to be honest, virginity to me is such a crazy thing i'm not one for one night stands and just sleeping with random people however I don't believe that it's "sacred" and someone is going to be condemned to hell or have a bad marriage because they weren't a virgin when they got married. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs I just think it's stupid that people put virginity on such a high pedestal.. Hell, not everyone has the same definition of what losing ones virginity entitles so how can it be so "sacred" when there isn't even a written rule of what's what. ](*,)

Archived