Nonchalance is Your Friend

CrapAtNC

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got an email from my ex. The first time she's contacted me since our 3rd breakup in June. It was (unfortunately) a strictly business email concerning an educational test I'm trying to pass to get an additional certification. I couldn't believe it when I saw her name in my inbox. It was nice that she was thinking of me, but the formality and business-like tone sucked. I mean, it WAS really helpful info...and I know I shouldn't read into it...it's just that for so many years there were nice pet names we used and warmth in our communication..but I know that was then.... this is now...don't know about responding...I'm pretty sure that it means nothing-but for the integrity of this thread,,what's the non-cha directive on this?Bung

I just got an email from my ex. The first time she's contacted me since our 3rd breakup in June. It was (unfortunately) a strictly business email concerning an educational test I'm trying to pass to get an additional certification. I couldn't believe it when I saw her name in my inbox. It was nice that she was thinking of me, but the formality and business-like tone sucked. I mean, it WAS really helpful info...and I know I shouldn't read into it...it's just that for so many years there were nice pet names we used and warmth in our communication..but I know that was then.... this is now...don't know about responding...I'm pretty sure that it means nothing-but for the integrity of this thread,,what's the non-cha directive on this?Bung

"Great info, thanks!"

Ha! Yeah, 30yrold's is good enough.

Unless you want to play a little:

"Dear Ms. Ex (use her surname),

I am writing to thank you for the information you forwarded to me in your email dated Nov. 18, 2010, in regard to my upcoming educational test. I found the information to be most helpful. I also appreciate the professional way in which you have chosen to communicate with me, and I salute your exquisite use of formality for the occasion and applaud your wonderful economy with expression. I look forward to receiving any further assistance, advice, or information you might have at your disposal with great eagerness and much anticipation.

With gratitude, once again, to you, my little (throw in a really funny, cute pet name),

Mr. Bungalo, Esq. (throw in your own titles here: BA, BSc., MA, whatever)."

But that's just me. ;-)

I am writing to thank you for the information you forwarded to me in your email dated Nov. 18, 2010, in regard to my upcoming educational test. I found the information to be most helpful. I also appreciate the professional way in which you have chosen to communicate with me, and I salute your exquisite use of formality for the occasion and applaud your wonderful economy with expression. I look forward to receiving any further assistance, advice, or information you might have at your disposal with great eagerness and much anticipation.

With gratitude, once again, to you, my little (throw in a really funny, cute pet name),

But that's just me. ;-)

Wow Crap! That's priceless! Thanks for making me smile!

But that's just me. ;-)

lol. well done.

Ok, not to monopolize this thread, but my next little dilemma..I asked this girl from work out tonight for a drink after work. I don't have her phone number-yet, but I do have her email. She couldn't make it tonight. She is a single mom and had something going on with her kids tonight. She did say she'd like to go out though...While we were talking, (at work) we got interrupted, (very difficult to do a private convo working in a school) and she said, just send me an email. I don't want to seem too available (even though I am)..any suggestions as to this email?

Give it a few days, the just email with something brief, along the lines of "I'm going to (a place) this weekend. Let me know if you are free."

Make it something you'll be doing anyway (not dependent, you see), and suggest rather than ask "Let's . . . " rather than "Do you want . . . ?"

And have fun!

well, I need your guys' help. Last time I saw her I thought I was over her. Tonight it was a whole different story - all those feelings came flooding back.

I treated her like any other girl that I've just met. I was cool, calm and collected. At one point she dragged me onto the dance floor saying she's been waiting for this song so we can dance together and was looking for me.

However this one guy kept hitting on her and I know she was texting him when I was driving her and her best friend home. She had a huge smile on her face when she got his texts.

yet all my friends that were watching us hang out said that she was definitely into me. I leave in a few days for a vacation - do I text her to catch up or do I just say * * * * it and go?

To be honest I think this girl just needs to be hurt - and realize what she had with me - so I'm leaning towards just letting it be. Thanks for any opinions, and I'm kinda drunk so I'm sorry if this makes no sense.

Crap, you're one of the few on these boards who seems to truly believe in re-attraction.

I know a lot of dumpees feel like they hope against hope that

they'll get their exes back, and another huge percentage of people who have

given up on reconciliation just dispense NC as the cure-all.

The question is, how can the ex see the changes in you if they are not in your

social sphere? Sure I could show up at the spiritual group that she goes to, but wouldn't that seem deliberate?

Went out dancing last night, and had a good time. Met a woman, and chatted and danced for a couple of hours, got her phone number. Unfortunately, she's not as cute as the ex...but wonder if this is just the spell I'm under to a degree.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

To be honest I think this girl just needs to be hurt - and realize what she had with me - so I'm leaning towards just letting it be. Thanks for any opinions, and I'm kinda drunk so I'm sorry if this makes no sense.

That's how I am feeling toward my ex. Should I hurt him? LOL Revenge is so evil. Then again, contemplating and he's sensitive and has trouble letting his guard down.

>_

That's how I am feeling toward my ex. Should I hurt him? LOL Revenge is so evil. Then again, contemplating and he's sensitive and has trouble letting his guard down.

>_

Hahah, no no, I don't mean I'd ever hurt her. That's now how I roll The guys hitting on her the other night are complete sleezebags - I know she's smarter than that. Her idea of a relationship is all fairytales and butterflies. The realization will hit her one day. I've almost hit the acceptance stage; once I come back from vacation I think I will be in a very good spot mentally.

You are still NC with your guy?

Hahah, no no, I don't mean I'd ever hurt her. That's now how I roll The guys hitting on her the other night are complete sleezebags - I know she's smarter than that. Her idea of a relationship is all fairytales and butterflies. The realization will hit her one day. I've almost hit the acceptance stage; once I come back from vacation I think I will be in a very good spot mentally.

You are still NC with your guy?

;] Aw you're such a good ex.

Absolutely! Strict NC! I don't know when will I use the NC, LC, DC, AC ;] you know what I mean. LOL

It seems a LOT of people expect fairytales, butterflies, the sparks, and raindows. All I know if my lover ever tells me that I'm going to tell him he is going to need to get on crack to get that type of satisfaction. Anyway, I disgress.

I'm still coming up with scenarios if I ever bump into him or that he shows up at my graduation randomly and start confessing. I don't know what stage I am. I think I accepted probably in September. I was over it in September, but I kept on thinking about him. If he were to date someone, I don't think I would care but at the same time thinking that's one lucky gal.

You're so lucky to go on a vacation. LOL I wish I was going on a vacation. Hopefully for Christmas. If my boss grants me 3 free vacation days.

Haha yeah, I'm over the relationship for sure but I really do miss her. We didn't talk for about 2.5 weeks before this weekend, and I was told by her friend that she really misses talking to me blah blah. As a friend, of course lol. I'm kinda afraid she'll jump into the first guy that shows her any attention because she's attracted to him, but as Crap said, it's about me now, not her. I'll get over it if she dates someone new.

I think you should call your guy and tell him you are getting married. Hahahah.

And yes, the vacation is just what I needed. Crap had some suggestions for me through PM so I'll see how that one goes down - either way, life goes on. Gotta accept that fact.

Haha yeah, I'm over the relationship for sure but I really do miss her. We didn't talk for about 2.5 weeks before this weekend, and I was told by her friend that she really misses talking to me blah blah. As a friend, of course lol. I'm kinda afraid she'll jump into the first guy that shows her any attention because she's attracted to him, but as Crap said, it's about me now, not her. I'll get over it if she dates someone new.

I think you should call your guy and tell him you are getting married. Hahahah.

And yes, the vacation is just what I needed. Crap had some suggestions for me through PM so I'll see how that one goes down - either way, life goes on. Gotta accept that fact.

LOL! MakeItCount, I'm only 22! Too young to get married!

If I do get married, ;] Will you be my Fake-Husband? Ha ha ha!

It's definitely all about you. Hence why I decided I'm going to focus on myself. Every time I think of my ex I'll think and let go. LOL So I don't think about it more often later on.

Where you going? LOL Last Vegas? Sorry if it is repetitive.

Going to the Dominican. So excited.

Yes, I will definitely be your fake husband. I'll rent a Ferrari for our fake wedding pictures. Haha.

It's always easy to say you'll focus on yourself, yet I still can't help but think about those guys hitting on her and knowing she'll probably be going out with them. Oh well, I got through the worst of times, I don't want to revert back to this needy bull * * * * . Time to practice my nonchalance a little more. Don't want Crap to kick me out of the club lol

Going to the Dominican. So excited.

Yes, I will definitely be your fake husband. I'll rent a Ferrari for our fake wedding pictures. Haha.

It's always easy to say you'll focus on yourself, yet I still can't help but think about those guys hitting on her and knowing she'll probably be going out with them. Oh well, I got through the worst of times, I don't want to revert back to this needy bull * * * * . Time to practice my nonchalance a little more. Don't want Crap to kick me out of the club lol

Psht, you get the Ferrari, I'll get the Bugatti. Hahaha! Why thank you for accepting my offer, MakeItCount.

Lucky you! That's going to be a nice vacation!

I don't think Crap is going to care whether you are still in or out of the club. ;] Right, Crap?

>_

I'm hoping this is a joke.

No one should ever wish pain on another person. Shows a lack of character and simply wanting them feel as badly as you do. That's not love.

hey guys! haven't posted here before. but have read the whole thread and think its great!! you guys have some awesome perspectives.

quick question... its been three months since she left me.. minimal contact.. 1 month of no contact.

today she texts me: hey, hope your doing well!

i respond: damn it!! you were so close to winning the "silent treatment award" lol (just kidding)

yes, im pretty good. thanks! hope you are as well!

was that okay? or should i have left the whole first line out? or just not responded at all???

i appreciate any opinions!

Archived