am i really lieing?

ok my boyfriend and i keep getting into the same exact fight over and over again. ill give an example: he told me hes going to a christmas party for work late one night, and that bugs me, (even though it shouldnt) so i guess i got all quiet and wasent saying anything and he asked me what my deal was and i said nothing, i dont have a deal. he said your lieing to me, and i said no im not. then he said i know you and i know your lieing and that it bugs if that im going to this party, and the only reason i told you i was going was to see how you would react. so i said i was sorry for lieing, but i didint want to say anything becasue its so stupid, and there is no need to get into a fight about something that i need to deal with myself. the reason hes mad is becasue i lie about things like that. my feelings i guess, i lie about my feelings becasue what i feel is really stupid and there is no point in telling him. what should i do? he said that if this keeps happening then we cant be together. whats the deal? im confused!!!

he obviously cares a lot about your feelings. i think that he wants you to understand that if some thing that he does or is going to do bothers you, then you should say so. telling him that some thing bothers you is way different than telling him what to do, so you should just be honest about your feelings.