Am I pregnant! Help...

maymie

I feel like Ive been gaining weight the past 2 weeks or so. When I look at my tummy, I look bigger! Ive been on the pill for over a year now. I'm on Ortho Tricyclone (however you spell it) and I take 3 months worth than have my period. I'm on the first week of my last month before I have my next period. I've always taken my pill regularly. Sometimes I take it a few hours too late because I forget, but I've never gone a day without. My bf and I have been using condoms for the past... maybe 4 months.

I don't see how I could possibly be gaining weight so fast!? I don't eat THAT bad... Could I be pregnant? Just to make sure... I wanted to take a pregnancy test. but I have never understood when you can take them so they are accurate? Helppp

i gained a bunch of weight on ortho. like went from a size 7 to size 16.

have you had sex recently? if it;s in the last 2 weeks, you woudlnt be able to tell this early. just take a test. i buy boxes with 2 tests in them. that way, i take one, and then i wait a week to make sure the reading is the same. you'll be ok.

bc normally will eventually make you gain weight, some times gradual and them some times a lot.

but if you have been useing condoms and bc you should be fine.

if not take a preg test. normally you take one a week or two after you had intercourse that you think lead to sex.

Ya, just weird how after over a year of being on the same pill, I'm just now gaining weight from it. I will definitely take a test just to reassure my bf and I. is there a better pill to take that doesn't cause weight gain... but maybe weight lose!? = Id like that one if there is one...

This exact thing is happening to me now! I am very careful with the pill (for a year and a half) and with condoms, but lately I've been feeling larger in the middle, and I'm constantly worried even though I've been having my periods. It's good to know I'm not alone!

Your weight and water gain can actually fluctuate by as much as 5-8lbs in any given week depending on water retention, salt intake, what you are eating, etc. In most women, the abdomen is where the weight shows up first, giving you a bloated "pregnant" appearance.

I wouldn't be too concerned about pregnancy since you are good about taking your pill daily and are doubling up with the use of condoms. If it makes you feel better, take a test to confirm.

Archived