I am extremely attracted to my (best friends) mom...

Alien777

I am 24 years old and am extremely attracted to my best friend's mom, who is 46 years old. She is everything a man could want: beautiful, intelligent, successful, financially secure and sensitive. I really want to tell her how I feel about her but I am worried about my friendship (I have been best friends for more than 15 years) and he is very protective over his mom. I feel though that I have to tell her even if she doesn't feel the same way about me because she has had 2 failed marriages and all of the guys that she dates don't treat her well and the relationships usually end painfully. If she doesn't feel the same about me I have the maturity to deal with it (I am not going to throw myself from a building or anything) but if she does feel the same way, can the relationship ever work (I am willing to sacrifice alot for this) and how will my friend feel?

I would not like to loose my best friend and at the same time I hate seeing my friends mom always so unhappy, what should I do? 0X

Hi,

Obviously you have thought things well over. I hope you did. A person that is 22 years older than you are thinks on really different levels, and I believe that in this case I think age does matter. You are getting life experience as you go now.

I would recommend you to read on-line stuff on here and other sides that are about age gap relations. May be getting involved with a few newsgroups would be a good idea, too. I would do that really before you start anything. I believe that if you are going to pursue this, you might risk the friendship with your best friend. But then again, it's always me that says that the only obligation you have in life is for YOU to be happy.

I hope I was of help some! Good luck

~ SwingFox ~

• 4 months later...

cared about Oh, Boy, I do know where you are at. However, I am the Mom. My son's friend decided to act on his feelings. We ended up having "moments" together for over 2 yrs. We hid it from everyone. I have no idea why I let it all happen but both of us wish we had never started anything. He is very connected to my family and will be forever. I am so drawn to him and I guess he feels the same but there is nothing in this world that would ever convince me a couple with 30 years age difference (yes) could ever make a life . He is my forbidden fruit.

I've had my family and I'm not interested in being a starving student again. In an ideal world I could travel with him, have great sex whenever the idea struck and not care about anyone but ourselves - it just doesn't work like that.

Don't act on yur feelings. Fantasy is wonderful! Acting on your fantasy could make you into strangers. I was lucky-my young man respected me and kept our affair to himself. I don;t want to think what could have happened if he wanted to brag. I can't tell what "it" was - lust, love, but I wish I didn't have this complication in my life and so does he. Good Luck!

I hope you make the right decision for you..and for your friend's Mom.

• 11 years later...

Archived