We have been broken up since about August. Did NC for about 2 months and then he started to contact me, NC is really not an option anyhow because he is a family friend, he will always be around. Anyways he starts making statements like I made a mistake, and I regret the decision that I made. I get tired of the ambigiousness and just ask him flat what's up??

This is what he said: He doesn't think he is good for me, he feels that he has already destroyed his life by some of the decisions that he has made and he feels that my future is bright and he doesn't want to ruin my life. He is 33 and I am 28. He said he is a different person because of the way the Mother of child left him and though he would probably start off faithful in the relationship he doesn't know if he would ever be unfaithful and he doesn't want to put me through that. I told him I respected him honesty and if he feels this way all I can is accept it. Funny thing is the next morning he calls me early in the morning just to talk. We were friends for 15 years so I don't think NC is the answer for this situation as I am not trying to get him back or anything, but I don't want to witness anything that could hurt me either.

Either way it goes I am ready to move on and heal..

He doesn't think he is good for me, he feels that he has already destroyed his life by some of the decisions that he has made and he feels that my future is bright and he doesn't want to ruin my life. He said he is a different person because of the way the Mother of child left him and though he would probably start off faithful in the relationship he doesn't know if he would ever be unfaithful and he doesn't want to put me through that. ..

BELIEVE him when he tells you these things. Know you are probably better off dating someone who doesn't question/fear their ability to be faithful to someone else.

BELIEVE him when he tells you these things. Know you are probably better off dating someone who doesn't question/fear their ability to be faithful to someone else.

I do believe him, I don't think he is BSing me I believe he really feels this way. I just question how much contact I should have with him though.

Archived