Hi everyone.

I am working on being a few kilos lighter by christmas. I am only a beginner exerciser and have started this month. I work 9 to 5, I don't have a lot of time, but could probably squeeze in at least half an hour a day. I have a set of 2lbs weights, a stability ball, and a walking machine. I was just wondering if anyone would know how many kilos it would possible to lose by christmas?

And also could anyone suggest some simple exercises to begin with? I have looked on the net, but want to know of ones that really work.

Thanks!

don't drink soda, lots of water, don't drink anything with corn syrup. yes mostly everything has it. it only makes you gain weight and causes you to eat more. you can eat several SMALL balanced meals througout the day. bs what people say milk makes you fat, it has no nutrients in it thats all bs!! so lay off that too!! you don't need a walker, you can go for a walk for about half an hour or an hour a day! you can lift those weights but that will tone up your arms!! sit ups on the ball can work too.

I'd say you could/should lose about 10lb, but of course that varies according to the person and what they are doing. I'd say mix it up - do some exercises which are cardiovascular in nature such as jogging and do other things which involve stretching and toning up muscles in various parts of your body. Numerous repetitions of push ups and sit ups work well, especially along with other exercises. I'd say, start with 10 minutes of exercise a day, then each time you don't feel particular exerted, keep upping it.

Thanks for replying so quickly guys!

PeanutButter - I may need the walker, as by the time I get home some days, there is little light left in the day, and I'm not really fond of the idea of walking in the dark! On the plus side, it wouldn't be as hot as in the daytime!

Lana - thanks so much for that! 10lbs would be a great start! Hopefully I can achieve that. I have started with push ups and sit ups, but I can only do so many push ups (usually less than 10) before I'm flat on the floor haha.

I just finished a half hour workout - that I made up as I went along. haha. It might not be "proper" but geez I can feel the burn! I suggest doing weights while sitting on the stability ball. My arms are so heavy I can hardly type. But that's good!

i'd suggest looking into weight watchers.

ive heard nothing but good things in the past few months

from a lot of people i know.

im trying it myself. just the free version.

which means researching the concept.

basically depending on your weight and height,

you are allotted points a day. i get 22.

1 point = 50 calories.

basically, if you care enough, start watching your calorie intake.

start eating less calories than you have while you've weighed

what you dont want to weigh.

burn off more calories than you eat.

get some dance workouts or bike ride for a half hour.

or run/walk for a half hour.

you will lose weight.

count your calories. Break your meals into 6 small meals a day - every 3 hours.

I think there are websites you could find dieting information.

Exercise with cardio helps. Walk when you can.

Weight bearing exercises also help. Push-Ups, dips, lunges, squats, and weight lifting are fine. You'll lose weight and look good.

i'd suggest looking into weight watchers.

ive heard nothing but good things in the past few months

from a lot of people i know.

im trying it myself. just the free version.

which means researching the concept.

basically depending on your weight and height,

you are allotted points a day. i get 22.

1 point = 50 calories.

basically, if you care enough, start watching your calorie intake.

start eating less calories than you have while you've weighed

what you dont want to weigh.

burn off more calories than you eat.

get some dance workouts or bike ride for a half hour.

or run/walk for a half hour.

you will lose weight.

thanks, what a great idea - I might try that myself!

count your calories. Break your meals into 6 small meals a day - every 3 hours.

I think there are websites you could find dieting information.

Exercise with cardio helps. Walk when you can.

Weight bearing exercises also help. Push-Ups, dips, lunges, squats, and weight lifting are fine. You'll lose weight and look good.

Thanks very much for your help!

Archived