On sex...

ftheunion

Someone on another forum asked me what it is like; being a virgin I told him I don't know.

I'm not completely sure what my question is (might be a long thread). I'm pursing a philosophy major, and was watching a college football game yesterday, and saw ya know the couples were there sitting on each others lap and stuff, just the general mingling, but it made me wonder, is sex something in and of itself?

Poeple argue about reality being different from what we can ever percieve, but i am curious if this is true for sex. I dunno, i happen to see couples together, two adults, but it is almost like they are operating subconsciously. I am just 18, so I admire those college adults or whatever. They are products of biological evolution, and I understand all that stuff, but its like when I admire them, It seems like I am not a human. It is impossible to describe, but they are all hardcore doin whatever college people do, and yet sex seems like a vulnerable activity. This is just my mind goin off on a philosphical tanget when this happens, but it seems surreal, so I dunno, it makes me question reality.

I suppose the only way to understand is to experience it, since most would argue sex is in no way a school of thought. It is something that I cannot wrap my head around ](*,), it is natural and stuff, but is hard to figure out. Would I understand it in full after I experienced it, cause the feelings are easy to gain knowledge from, but is it more that that passion/lust/mature feeling that takes over when two people have sex?

It seems impossible to figure out, considering people still break up after getting that into each other. Sex is supposed to bond two people for a long time, but that doesn't always happen.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Sex is a biological function the same as eating, drinking, breathing, or anything else of a biological ilk.

We all have our own meanings and interpretations and realities that we attach to it or identify it with.

Your knowledge of the subject is limited by your experience and that is perfectly okay.

There is no set schedule as to when you should have this experience. It will happen whenever you're ready and the time is right.

Archived