sarey

Waking up, she looks at her clock.

I'm late again, she says to herself.

She gets up, strikes along to the bathroom and clenches to her stomach.

I ate again last night, damn it, she scolds herself.

Leaning down against the toilet, slowly creeping her fingers towards the back of her throat, her stomach reflexs and the food comes up. She shuts her eyes and tears crawl down her cheeks.

I need to get the calories out, the fat, the food, she says to herself. It's still in me. I have to get it out.

She runs to her bedroom, plays some music, and runs around her room, searching for the rusty metal.

Where is it? she asks herself. Opening her drawer, she finds the blade.

Picking it up, she sits against her bed, turns the music up a bit louder, and looks down on her arm.

Putting the blade against her wrist, she clenches it tightly and pushes down, sliding it accross heavily.

The skin rips, and the blood drips out.

The blood slides down her skin, running out.

That's better, she says to herself.

Letting it bleed for a few minutes, she puts the blade away, wraps up her arm, and gets dressed for school.

Running downstairs, she grabs her keys and heads off to school.

Arriving at school, she goes through the entrance and knocks on her classroom door.

'Come in', the teacher speaks.

Opening the door, she looks down at the floor.

'Lucy, late again I see', the teacher says to her.

'I'm sorry Miss, I had trouble getting here', Lucy replies.

'Take a seat', the teacher points at her desk.

Lucy walks to her desk, places her bag on the desk and holds her head in her hands. Behind her, three girls, Katie, Joanna and Kerry, giggle at her, directing insults at her, purposely making the remarks louder for her to hear, but quiet enough for the teacher not to hear. The teacher walks out for a few moments, and then it begins.

Please, just leave me alone, please... she thinks to herself.

The three girls get up, and Kerry goes infront of Lucy's desk.

'Well, well, well, lookie, it's the freak girl, how are you today freak girl?', Kerry asks, mocking her and pushing her tightly against the chair.

'I... please, just leave me alone', Lucy replies, lowering her head.

'Oh, look, the freak girl is being rude, we shall teach her a lesson', Joanna giggles.

Kerry goes next to Lucy and pushes her to the floor, whilst Joanna and Katie hold her down as Kerry kicks her in the stomach and punches her in the face as hard as she can.

Grabbing her wrist, Lucy flinches. 'Oh look, the freak girl cut herself', Kerry mocks, tightening her grip on Lucy's wrist.

'Aw, it's a shame she didn't die', Joanna giggles, Kerry and Katie giggle with her. They all start hitting her with rulers and kick her one last time. Kerry kneels down and whispers in Lucy's ear 'make it count next time'. They walk back to their seats, and Lucy regains her balance, sitting up and sitting back in her chair.

The bell rings, and Lucy is the last to walk out of class.

She walks outside, and attends to her lonely bench, she places her head in her hands and the tears crawl down her cheeks.

'Hey, Lucy', Abby quietly speaks, approaching her.

'Oh... um... hello Abby', Lucy stutters. Abby sits next to Lucy and look down.

'Look, I'm sorry what I did... we used to be good friends didn't we?', Abby says, putting her arm around Lucy's shoulder.

'Yeah, we did, I miss them times...', Lucy says, putting her arm around Abby's shoulder.

'Well, look, can we be friends again? I really do miss you...', Abby quietly says, looking up at Lucy.

'Okay, we can be friends', Lucy looks up, tears fill her eyes and they both hug each other.

'I've missed you Abby', Lucy tells her, crying.

'I've missed you too', Abby starts crying.

'Hey, remember this?', Abby says as she goes through her bag, getting out a big chocolate bar.

'Oh, I love that, you remembered...', Lucy looks at her, a smile speads accross her face.

The pair of them share the chocolate between each other and then Lucy remembers...

'Uh... I need to go... to the bathroom...', she stutters, before running to the bathroom.

Locking the cubicle behind her, she leans over the toilet and makes herself sick.

Shutting her eyes, the tears crawl down her face.

Standing up, Lucy gets some toilet paper, wipes her face and unlocks the cubicle.Abby stands infront of her, shocked.

'Uh... hey Abby, are you okay?', Lucy looks at her, wiping her face.

'Yeah, I am, are you?', Abby asks.

'I'm fine...', Lucy replies, walking accross to the door.

Abby grabs Lucy's arm, she flinches.

'What's wrong with your arm Lucy?', Abby asks.

'Nothing...', Lucy then turns around and walks out.

Abby comes running after her and pulls her sleeves up.

'No...', Lucy yells... but it's too late...

Abby steps back, and she sees the scars, the cuts...

'L...Lucy... wh... what've you... done?', Abby stutters..., staring at her arm.

'It's nothing', Lucy says, covering her arm up.

The bell goes.

'I'll... see you', Lucy runs off to her next lesson.

Entering her next lesson, someone walks in and speaks to the teacher.

'Lucy, you're wanted in the counsellors room', the teacher calls out to Lucy.

Lucy gets up, feeling all eyes on her, she walks out, and slowly walks towards the counsellors office.

Knocking on the door, she opens it.

'Please, take a seat Lucy', the counsellor asks her.

Lucy steps forward and sits on the chair.

'What is it you need me for?', Lucy asks, curiously, looking around.

'How is school Lucy? Do you find it hard? Is home life okay?', the counsellor bursts out with questions, one after another.

'I... school is fine... home life is fine... why?', Lucy asks.

'Someone has told us things, Lucy, do you do anything to yourself... perhaps, hurt yourself? Make yourself sick maybe?' the counsellor asks.

'I... what?' Lucy holds onto her arm.

'May I see your arm?', the counsellor looks down at her arm.

'I... may I be excused please? Toilet...', Lucy asks, looking behind her to the door.

'Of course, but please come straight back', the counsellor replies.

Lucy rushes out of the office, runs to the bathroom and leans against the door.

Crying, she takes out her blade and places it on her wrist.

Make it count, she thinks to herself, make it count...

Opening her eyes, she looks up at the ceiling...

Huh... where... am I? she asks herself.

'Morning', a nurse speaks out.'Er... morning, ma'am', Lucy slurs.

Tugging at her wrist, sharp pains shoot up her arm.

'I'd rest that if I were you', the nurse looks at her, sitting next to her.

'We have a visitor for you', she says, standing up and opening the door.

It's the school counsellor.

'Hello Lucy', the counsellor says to Lucy.

Lucy replies 'Hello'.

'You know, I never did tell you my name, it's Luke', he says, before sitting down beside her.

'Hello Luke... I'm... well... you know my name, Lucy', Lucy smiles at him.

'What happened?' Lucy asks him.

'Well, you pretty much didn't come back to the office, I came to search for you, and I found you, you were bleeding pretty badly, you've been in here for three days now, heavily sedated', Luke stops, looking down.

'Someones here to see you', Luke says, heading towards the door, opening it and opens, Abby stands there, tears filling her eyes, mascara has been washed down her eyes and her eyes are puffy.

'Oh Lucy, I've been so worried!', Abby runs towards Lucy and hugs her tightly.

'Oh, Abby, I'm so sorry', Lucy bursts into tears, hugging her tightly.

Hours go by as they speak about anything and everything, then it is time to go.

'Lucy, I'll see you tomorrow, take care of yourself, and rest up, love you lots, best friends forever', Abby says, hugging her one last time before getting up and heading out, waving as she is out of sight, then Luke returns.

'Have a nice talk, I see?', he says, walking over to Lucy and kneeling down infront of her.

'Yes, we did, thank you', Lucy replies.

'Look, Lucy, we want you to get better, to get well again, we really want to help you, can you let us help you?', Luke says, looking into Lucy's eyes.

Lucy looks up, looks him in the eyes and tears drop down her cheek.

'Okay, I will try, for you, and for Abby', Lucy says, smiling, with tears dropping down her cheek, hugging Luke tightly.

'I'll try', Lucy whispers.