A story....

segagirl

“Is this your first day” he asks, smirking impeccably. At that point I knew I was headed for trouble. I should say that I was going to look for trouble with this one. This handsome man was dressed flawlessly in a black dress shirt and a black tie that had shiny gray specks that sparked but not nearly like his beautiful crystal blue eyes. Pathetic, corny you say? You better believe the way I stood there looking at him was both of those things.

Skip back a few years with me as this is not the first time I have met this man. I have been passing by him nearly unannounced, invisible if you will for many years. When I first met him four years ago I thought he was an exceedingly handsome man, even at first glance. During a span of a few months we talked, we connected, we flirted though quite quietly and sweet. During a work trip we spent nearly night and day together and there are two things I remember about him then. The first was that we had an incredible amount in common and he seemed judicious for such a young man. He was articulate, thoughtful and had interesting view points on the world. The second was that he had this ability to make me feel incredibly calm during a very hectic event. Almost instinctually I felt safe when I was with him.

I know you are wondering how we went from spending night and day to nearly invisible. I wish I had a clear answer for you and I have pondered this very thing in my head countless times. I know for some time after our trip I backed away, when I finally made attempts, it was too late. I know sitting here today that I walked away without trying hard enough and for nearly three years thought it best to just stay quiet. Fear, or timing perhaps.

Today I have the blessing of having him in my life again; perhaps it will be for just a moment I don’t quite know. What I do know is that for months now I cannot see past him as he fills nearly my every thought. We talk quite often and our attempts at connection and flirtation are quite cute. Like timing has struck us in our past however, it would do the same to us now as he is actually with someone else.

I wish I could give you some happy ending to this story, but like most stories in life there is never actually and ending. I think this story is ever evolving. I am about to walk out in the hallway and see him again, to be enthralled by the mere smell of him. You know what one thing I want now is? To hear him say I’m beautiful.