Still interested?

Dark Prince

Just wanted some advice on on something I've been pondering over and can't get my head over. So I guess a little back story to help.

I've known this girl I work with for just over 5 years, we get along great and have been great friends. However, over the last year or so is when I started feeling different around her and I started to like her as more then a friend. I got a little too excited and jumped the gun; by asking her out. I always told myself that I wanted to start slow if I wanted something more and talk to her about it; but my head was flying in all directions and it didn't go exactly as I wanted it too. Well, I ended up asking her and she said yes, which I thought was great, but again I barely talked to her about how I felt about it and how she felt about it. Cue head exploding. Well, when the time came for said date she came up to me and turned me down and nothing was said after the fact.

Fast forward too months later or now to be more precise, and I've been noticing that she still seems to take interest in me or might still be interested. Catching subtle looks and so on. Is she still interested, and should I talk to her and see what's going on? Maybe even tell her that I may have jumped the gun a bit went too fast? Or because she came up and turned me down on said date after she said yes, should I just drop the whole thing? I keep thinking that I should at least talk to her and see whats going on; but, I don't know how to proceed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just wanted some advice on on something I've been pondering over and can't get my head over. So I guess a little back story to help.[/Quote]

first of all ur story is boring. Try to make it more interesting for me to read next time

I've known this girl I work with for just over 5 years, we get along great and have been great friends.

However, over the last year or so is when I started feeling different around her and I started to like her as more then a friend. I got a little too excited and jumped the gun; by asking her out.[/Quote]

Thats not jumping the gun. She should expect guys to ask her out... all the time.

I always told myself that I wanted to start slow if I wanted something more and talk to her about it; but my head was flying in all directions and it didn't go exactly as I wanted it too. Well, I ended up asking her and she said yes, which I thought was great, but again I barely talked to her about how I felt about it and how she felt about it. Cue head exploding.[/Quote]

Good, keep it that way. Dont expect her to talk about how shes feeling about you, and stay off that subject. If you like her, show her, by making a physical move when the time is right.

Well, when the time came for said date she came up to me and turned me down and nothing was said after the fact.[/Quote]

So at first she said yes, then she told you no. I have a pet peve for people who dont do what they say they are going to do. If that happened to me, id immediately tell her what the chances of her turning up are.. before i arranged something. If she didnt turn up or turned me down (in ur case) id move on very quickley and tell her not to bother if she is incapable of keeping a commitment. I presume u answered somewhere along the lines of "oh okay.. well if u want to do something let me know" She got you.

Fast forward too months later or now to be more precise, and I've been noticing that she still seems to take interest in me or might still be interested. Catching subtle looks and so on. Is she still interested, and should I talk to her and see what's going on? Maybe even tell her that I may have jumped the gun a bit went too fast? Or because she came up and turned me down on said date after she said yes, should I just drop the whole thing? I keep thinking that I should at least talk to her and see whats going on; but, I don't know how to proceed.

Dont buy into any signals, dont make any more effort with her. U dont have to ignore her, just dont try to get her attention. Yes drop the whole thing, unless she appologizes for canceling on you, then you MIGHT reconsider inviting her out when it suits you.

There was nothing specific in ur post, i wasnt in the context so thats just about all i can say here.

Archived