virgins and pap smears!?

I lost my 'virginity' to a speculum!

I have had a few pap smears in my life and I am a virgin, too. The reason I went to be examined was because I had some bleeding in the middle of my cycle (turned out to be normal, I bleed a little bit when I ovulate). The first one was very painful for me (I had forewarned the OB/GYN (a female, too!) that I was a virgin) but it hurt so much that I was in tears. I guess that was my hymen ripping or breaking/my pc muscles tightening up because I felt very vulnerable on the table with my feet in the stirrup things. It was what I call a "mechanical rape" with a speculum!

With the second one a few years later, I told the examiner (different OB/GYN) that I was a virgin and that I had had a bad initial experience. I asked the examiner to use the smallest speculum possible and I was fine. To this day (because of my first experience) I am afraid to go to the gynecologist (but I would go if I had to). I would rather visit the dentist though!

Just make sure you tell them you're a virgin and that you haven't been to the OB/GYN yet.

Archived