Jumparoo

Dilly

When is it appropriate to get your kid into a jumparoo? Mine is 7 weeks and a day and she can stand with support up top to balance her weight and I thought this toy might give her some exercise. No?

me myself im from the old school we dont buy children anything except rattlers we believe that a jumparoo will only limit them and their sucess at walking.....plus as a child i hated it, it always rode up my crotch (very uncomfy)

i would just let the child crawl on the floor until they get the courage and the passion to walk.....and let em crawl for exercise

thats just me.........

me myself im from the old school we dont buy children anything except rattlers we believe that a jumparoo will only limit them and their sucess at walking.....plus as a child i hated it, it always rode up my crotch (very uncomfy)

i would just let the child crawl on the floor until they get the courage and the passion to walk.....and let em crawl for exercise

thats just me.........

How do jumparoos limit them? My son played in a jumparoo and exersaucer from the time he was able to hold his head upright and he walked at 10 months old. Its all a matter of opinion. Jumparoos are for children who aren't old enough to crawl./walk so there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Friends of mine got one for their little girl when she was about 6 months old. When they are able to support their head and neck, are pushing up with their shoulders off the floor in tummy position, and are actively pushing off the floor with their legs when you hold them in 'standing' position is a good time to get one. It is actually helpful in developing muscle strength in their lower extremities in preparation for crawling and creeping.

7 weeks is still too small... but you'll get there soon enough!

Friends of mine got one for their little girl when she was about 6 months old. When they are able to support their head and neck, are pushing up with their shoulders off the floor in tummy position, and are actively pushing off the floor with their legs when you hold them in 'standing' position is a good time to get one. It is actually helpful in developing muscle strength in their lower extremities in preparation for crawling and creeping.

7 weeks is still too small... but you'll get there soon enough!

See that's just it. OK, when I hold Chloe at the shoulders (hands underneath her shoulders), she is able to keep her head balanced and is able to push her body up from the knees/feet. She can literally hold her weight up with her legs as I balance her upper body (without lifting it, just keeping her balanced). Is this unusual? I'd like to think she's superbaby, but I don't know what you'd call this. I see doc next week.

I agree it's too early, the joult caused by pushing may cause her head to bounce around.

I was looking online and the manufacturer's suggested age for most brands is 6 months and up.

Yeah, Bella, you're right. You're going to love having that baby around. You're already a mother (since youre preggo), but once born, it's just so much fun!!! Last night I attached Chloe's hand to a handle on the swing that when pulled down, music plays. Whether conscientious or not, she pulled it several times and then, after twenty minutes, pulled it (her hand) off in a frustrated release.

Alot of kids don't know how to use the jumparoo. But I do think it's good exercise, not necessary, but fun.

What she is doing with her legs at this age is more or less a reflex.

I must add, I love her name

THANKS!!!

Yeah, I was wondering if it's normal or if we have a superbaby on our hands. Wishful thinking never hurt anybody. But pulling the jumparoo out two months early, well, that might!

I LOVED my jumparoo as a kid, so did my siblings.

But, we were not put into it until we were a few months old....it would be still way too early at this stage given their muscle strength/structure and so forth. Her development sounds normal at this stage, that is what baby's do...but still too early to be putting her in a jumparoo..even if she is a superbaby

Yeah, I agree completely. Thanks. We were watching my nephew in his jumparoo and he loved it. It's so fun to watch their little neurons fire as they figure out how to do it. They concentrate with all their might! Kids are smart, they just haven't figured out the logic of the universe yet, but it takes time to get that logic down.

Jumparoos are awesome. I ended up with two of them. My little one is still too young to use it, but he's almost there.

Wait til they can hold their head up very steadily...like when you can hold them on your hip without their head or body flopping around.

She sounds adorable by the way!

I have an exersaucer for little miss and it is so cool to watch her play in it. Shes five months old now, and will sit in it for stretches of 10-15 minutes before she tires of it.

They have a jumperoo type thing you can buy that does not attach to a frame of a door, like the older ones from when I was little, instead it has its own independent frame.. supposed to be safer. It sure looks like alot of fun! I havent ever tried it though I have thought about it. Right now she is sitting in her bassinett (shes outgrown laying in it) and has a pillow on her lap so she cant fall forward and shes leaning back against the side next to me staring at me... It is SO cute..

K getting off topic here but they ARE so easy to get distracted by eh?

yeah, my sole purpose for coming online is to put pics up, but already I'm procrastinating. This site has a 500 x 500 limit and mine are huge.

Dilly,

You can go to link removed and resize your pics so that they are small enough to attach here and show her off.

Archived