Black Line Under Eye?

Alright every time I get out of the shower I got this black line under my eye it's like permanent or something but is this a problem? And what is it called? Also how do you get rid of this black line? I DONT take any drugs nor do I do any drugs or drink. But what could be causing this? I can remember it since I was born and I sort of want to correct it. Is it a turn off for girls if its seen? It's not noticeable ,only when I get out of the shower here's a picture of when I got out of the shower:

image removed

Which you can see this is a total close up. But if you look under the eye and go right you can see it also its like in a pattern or something? Anyone any help and if its a condition how do I get it fixed?

What you have is essentially dark circles under your eyes--except they aren't circular (they never are). So, what follows is my reply to someone who asked a similar question earlier:

I have that same problem, but only during allergy season. I don't like dealing with concealer too much, so I did some research on the subject (that would be getting an enormous quantity of free samples... So here we go:

Hylexin Eye Cream For Serious Dark Circles is pretty much the best stuff you can get--supposedly... Most stores currently have a waiting list for it, but call your local Macy*s, or order it online if you're willing to pay $95 for it.

BeneFit eyecon, under-eye creme: so-so. It takes a while to see results, but the texture is awesome... $25 at Sephora (I believe Foley's carries BeneFit as well).

Kinerase Under Eye Rescue - just got a bunch of free samples from Sephora; salesperson said it was almost as good as Hylexin and--very important!--hypoallergenic. This is what my mother uses, and she loves it. $59.

Then's the corrector from Lorac (it's a moisturiser as well), and treatments from Murad (hypoallergenic cream with SPF15) that are still pretty expensive, but if you really care about your looks, the investment is totally worth it!

Good luck!

PS: In the past, I used Chanel's Eye Tonic--it's about $50 and you can get it on link removed if you'd rather not go to a store. It works, but not as well as the creams.

What causes dark circles? Genetics. People are either predisposed to dark circles under their eyes or not. If you are Caucasian and your origins can be traced to Scandinavian, Baltic & Eastrern-European countries, chances are dark circles will be something you can deal with.

While there are certain behaviors that can contribute to the dark appearance of under-eye circles, would you really want to change your lifestyle because of such a minor cosmetic flaw? Allergies, and anything that is a health problem should be addressed by a professional; nevertheless, when it comes to sleeping--some of us simply cannot afford to sleep the recommended number of hours...

The original poster asked for a way to correct his dark circles. The cosmetics I've listed actually work on the long run--they don't hide the problem like concealer would, or soothe the eyes for a couple of hours, like ice cubes, cold sliced cucumbers, or tea bags might; on the contrary, they are treatments that will give you the peace of mind of having healthier (and healthier-looking!) skin year-round.

So do you know people who use these products but does it make a difference in your skin like can you tell the person is putting on this cream or does it just fix the black lines? Like I said you can hardly see them only when I get out of the shower they are their

Yes, I use them during allergy season and whenever I travel a lot, and there is no way you can tell that someone's wearing any cream. They do make your skin better-looking, with a healthier complexion, but it might take a couple of weeks or so before you begin seeing results.

Depending on how much you want to spend... I was told that Hylexin is the best cream available, I haven't tried that one though.

I like the Kinerase Under Eye Rescue, and I know for a fact that it works.

Oh yeah, don't bother with any drug store or department store brands--they don't work.

• 4 years later...

Archived